Before the service
· When you arrive at Ebenezer on Sunday morning, you will be greeted by the ushers, who will have service outlines available with them, and who can answer any questions you might have. They are also in the hallway during the service if you are in need of any assistance.
· If you have babies or toddlers with you, you are welcome to sign them in to the nursery, which is located just off the main foyer. The nursery is equipped with a changing table, and a private room set aside for parents who would prefer privacy while nursing.
· Kids from JK-grade 4 are invited to sign up for Sunday School at the desk in the foyer; they will be dismissed during the worship service, and will need to be signed out by a parent or guardian. Each Sunday School session includes a time of singing, a Bible story, and a small craft or activity.
· Washrooms are clearly marked in the hallway off the foyer, including a private accessible washroom.
During the service
· Our worship services take place in our main sanctuary, which is clearly marked off the foyer.
· Services usually last one hour, and include times of singing, Scripture reading, and a message from the pastor typically lasting 15-20 minutes.
· You are free to sit wherever you choose. There are no assigned seats.
· Lyrics to the songs are projected at the front of the sanctuary.
· We follow the worship outline closely, with occasional variations; some elements do proceed unannounced.
· Times to stand are clearly communicated by the speaker from the front, but only if you are able and comfortable.
· Cushions and hearing assistance devices are available at the back of the sanctuary, and the ushers are available to help you set these up.
· Each service also includes a time for the kids to come forward for a short message before being dismissed for Sunday School. If a child is shy or reluctant to come forward without an adult, typically the front pew is empty and adults will often sit there during the children’s time.
After the service
· When the service is finished, the pastor will be at the back door to shake hands as you exit; you are not obligated to shake hands.
· Everyone is invited to get a cup of coffee, tea, or juice in the fellowship hall across from the sanctuary, and spend some time talking and getting to know one another. Some seating is available in the hall; you are also welcome to socialize in the foyer.
All of our activities & programs take place on one level, and the building is wheelchair accessible.
Ebenezer strives to be a scent-free and peanut-free environment. All of our volunteers have completed a vulnerable sector check, and have been approved following our Safe Church Guidelines. Click here for more information.
Visitors are invited to fill out a Connect Card located in front of you the benches in the sanctuary, and leave it in the mailbox located beside the church office door.
If you have any questions about our services, please contact us here.